Published on May 5th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, May 5, 2017
Happy 28th birthday to Adele. She made £40 million last year. And now, the music news for May 5.
- A third lawsuit has been filed against the organizers of the Fyre Festival.
- Remember that EP of material Prince’s estate blocked last month? A judge has ordered them to pay $1 million for doing that.
- When is a remix is just plain plagiarism?
- Prince’s estate is shopping some kind of documentary and Purple Rain film.
- The most chill music festival ever.
- It’s official. Ottawa’s Zaphod Beeblebrox is closing. Another music venue bites the dust. (Via Emily)
- I like this: a 24-hour emergency vending machine for musician’s’ gear.
- Alanis Morissette’s old business manager has been sentenced to six years in jail for stealing his client’s money.
- Digital minimalism: It’s a growing thing.
- Just what we needed: Integration of a pizza tracker into smart home technology.
- Wanna buy Sting’s Manhattan penthouse? Only $56 million USD.
- So that would be a “no” when it came to a Pink Floyd reunion, then?
- So What’s Barack Obama doing now that he’s no longer president? For one thing, he’s building a recording studio.
- YouTube is testing out a new look for its desktop.
- Diddy: Pretty over the top.
- Australia is all bent out of shape over concert ticket-buying bots, too. Good.
- This speaker reproduces sounds through heat instead of vibrations.