Published on November 24th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, November 24, 2017
Is it “Happy Black Friday” or “Merry Black Friday?” I can never remember. And now, some music news for November 24.
- Shopping for earbuds/headphones this weekend? They, along with home assistant devices (read: smart speakers) and video game gear, are the hottest items this year. Here are some recommendations.
- How about a Black Friday deal on the world’s smallest wireless record player?
- No, Aretha Franklin isn’t dead. Fake news via a fake tweet.
- Would you talk holiday sex with Marilyn Manson? This guy did.
- Both Pink Floyd and Queen were judged pretty harshly before they got famous. See?
- This trash bin seems to really like The Smiths.
- You knew this was coming: There’s a lawsuit against Live Nation stemming from the Las Vegas concert shootings.
- Let’s take a look back at 2017 to see how much streaming has evolved. We should also look ahead to 2018 (Same link).)
- Some of Spotify’s (allegedly) fake artists are making six figures a year. (Allegedly.)
- The cock-up of sales for U2’s Songs of Experience tour has REALLY pissed off the band’s most hardcore fans.
- Goodbye to CBS Radio, 1928-2017.
- If you’re going into surgery anytime soon, you might want to know about your surgeon’s operating room playlists.
- What’s it like to be a musician having to work through hearing loss? Like this.
- Can Canada build its own podcast industry? It’ll be tough.
- In #MeToo news, Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys has been accused of rape.
- PewDiePie headphones? Yep.