Published on October 10th, 2014 | by Alan Cross2
Random Music News for Friday, October 10, 2014
Who’s up for a long weekend? Me! Me! Me!
- Here’s how music can help impoverished kids do better in school. (Via John)
- This DJ doesn’t have a very optimistic view of radio’s future.
- Rob Zombie: “Musicians say the dumbest things.”
- How outsiders like Lorde are taking over music these days.
- Should indie artists look at BitTorrent as a way of distributing their music?
- Did you see the performance by the Japanese hologram music star Hatsune Miku on Letterman?
- All of Bob Dylan’s lyrics in one, 14-pound book. (Via Tom)
- Pink Floyd: Comfortably done. (Via Tom)
- Ozzy has a real foot-in-mouth moment over some 9/11 comments. (Tom again)
- San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is the first player to be fined by the NFL for daring to wear the wrong headphones.
- An all-news station in Houston has changed its format to all-Beyonce. It’s not a stunt. Honestly. Really. (Still more from Tom.)
- Brian Potvin (ex Northern Pikes) is going on tour with Kevin Kane (Grapes of Wrath). A cross-Canada tour stars on October 19.
- Spotify rolls out their “Listen Like a Canadian” app.
- No new Adele album until sometime in 2015.
- Want to listen to a new Neil Young song? It’s from an upcoming record called Storytone. Go here to listen to “Who’s Gonna Stand Up?”