Published on October 14th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, October 14, 2016
Off to Desert Trip Part 2 in the California Desert. This had better be good. And now, the music news.
- Speaking of Desert Trip, the first guy on tonight is Nobel laureate Bob Dylan. And not everyone is pleased with his winning of the award.
- Hamilton’s Harvest Picnic is embroiled in a $27 million lawsuit.
- Want to buy Slash’s guitar from the first-ever Guns ‘N Roses show? Go here.
- It’s NOT a Lemmy doll! Okay, so maybe it is…
- And just when America couldn’t get any more petty when it comes to politics, along comes this Billy Joel dispute.
- We just passed the Sid-Killed-Nancy-Or-Did-He anniversary. Here are some little-known facts about the case.
- Rappers mention Grey Poupon mustard a lot. I mean really a lot.
- Elton John says his memoirs will come out in 2019.
- Vine has a new app called Soundboard that can perpetuate memes. Why do I have a feeling that little good will come from this?
- This looks interesting: an academic forum dealing with men and masculinity in music. (Via Brad)
- George Carlin may have been dead for eight years, but he just released a new album. (Via Gordie)
- Here’s a good article on the origins of straight edge punk.