I hate Halloween. If you end up at my place tonight, you’ll be dealing with The Wife and The Dogs. I have no use for parent-chaperoned extortionists turning up at my door in disguise with their threats unless I give them non-nutritious foodstuffs. It’s a stupid holiday. Shit, it’s not even a holiday.
There. I said it. And yes, I know that I suck. Boo.
- Is there going to be a Van Halen tour with Sammy Hagar out front?
- Look who’s participating in this benefit album for the people of Gaza.
- Need a Halloween-themed podcast? Here you go.
- Guitar Hero is back–and it’s had some interesting game play enhancements.
- The “Blurred Lines” plagiarism suit is going to trial. As if Robin Thicke’s life weren’t shit enough…
- Sabbath’s Tony Iommi has written some music just for CSI.
- Not music related, but Family Guy‘s Lois Griffin has been hit with a divorce. (Relax: Lois and Peter are still together. But in real life, it’s a different story.)
- Also not music related, but here’s the story behind the woman we hear at 200 airports around the world. (It’s an old feature, but I’d never seen it–and it answers a lot of my traveling questions.)
- Okay, back to music: A Pirate Bay founder is going to jail on hacking charges. (Ah! Tom’s back!)
- Sting wine.
- Paul Stanley remembers his first impressions of Gene Simmons. Amazingly, they still formed a band. (Another one from Tom.)
- 18 things you might never have known about U2. (Via Larry)
- The touchscreen that works in mid-air. What could this mean for musical instrument design?
- This is the kind of thing you can do with The Echo Nest data and Spotify. Cool.