Published on September 16th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, September 16, 2016
General Motors was founded on this day in 1908. That’s all I got–except for all this music news.
- Rush is going to get the key to the City of Toronto. Oh, and a park.
- If you don’t have tickets to the current Adele tour, you’d better do something fast. She says after this roadtrip, she’s going to take a ten-year break from touring.
- Got an exploding mobile phone? Want one?
- Here’s a quick review of Apple’s new Airpods.
- Does your home theatre need an audio upgrade? There’s something coming next year that looks really, really cool–and it’ll looks inexpensive, too.
- Macca and Ringo were out for the premiere of Ron Howard’s Beatles documentary. Damn, they look pretty good.
- There’s an interesting lawsuit involving one of Bob Marley’s guys and Jah. Yes, Jah. You’ll see what I mean.
- Today’s horrible musical pun comes from Tom: “Horseplay.”
- And speaking of things of the equine variety, why would a horse ever need to listen to music through headphones? Well, here’s a good reason.
- Jay Z doesn’t think much of the war on drugs, apparently.
- Oh, and Jay Z? Apple isn’t buying Tidal from you.
- And Garbage’s Shirley Manson doesn’t think much of how women are portrayed (and portraying themselves) in today’s music. (Via Larry)
- Madonna was just being Madonna, I guess.
- Here’s a cool use of YouTube when it comes to musical collaborations.
- If you’re a musician, you may be interested in a new special 50th-anniversary edition of Shure’s iconic SM58 microphone.