Published on September 2nd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, September 2, 2016
On this day in 1970, NASA announced that after a few more flights, there would be no more trips to the moon. And we haven’t been back since 1972. In music news…
- Well, this could explain Kanye’s behaviour…
- Study: Android phone users are “more humble and honest than iPhone users.”
- Twin Peaks is coming back. And Eddie Vedder is such a fan that he’s contributed a new song to the series.
- What would have been Freddie Mercury’s 70th birthday is coming up Monday. A house where he lived just received a historical designation.
- Speaking of history, the Victoria and Albert Museum in London is going to stage a massive Pink Floyd exhibition.
- And still with museums, Macleans magazine wonders if the National Music Centre can survive in Calgary.
- Whoa! System of a Down fans have reason to be excited about this.
- Did you know that the co-founder of Groupon left the company to try a music career?
- Here’s an interesting humanitarian effort: This guy teaches rock’n’roll to disadvantaged children in Cambodia.
- This is a cool looking rock’n’roll bar. Too bad it’s all the way in Australia.
- Interesting: Japan’s dance dance [sic] revolution.
- Turns out that Prince’s biggest fan is 93-years-old.