Published on July 29th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for July 29, 2014
Still at my parents house. Mom’s doing my laundry today.
- There’s a rumour that Wham! is going to reunite–if George Michael ever decides to leave his house again.
- Amy Winehouse has now been dead for three years. Too soon? (Via Greggory)
- Why are white people wearing Indian headdresses to music festivals? Stop it.
- Jack White will throw out the first pitch at tonight’s Detroit Tigers game.
- GM and Ford are being sued over some of the audio components they used in their vehicles since 2011.
- An entire record store in Devon, UK, can be yours for just £9,000. Here’s the eBay listing.
- The Pirate Bay has launched a mobile version of its piracy site.
- Kanye West has settled his legal beef with the virtual currency called Coinye.
- Here’s a timeline of the 25 year history of Merge Records.
- Amy Lee of Evanescence gave birth to a baby boy.
- Blur has decided to release a live album.
- Will the US Justice Department declare illegal streaming (STREAMING, not file-sharing) a felony?
- A UK supermarket chain started playing nothing but unsigned artists over their PA systems. Staff mutinied.