Random Music News for June 12, 2014
The World Cup is finally here. Streets and highways will soon be littered with those cheap flag thingies that never seem to stay on vehicles.
- Amazon has launched is own streaming music service. However, it’s not that great–yet.
- Never ask New Order’s Bernard Sumner for a selfie.
- The kid who shot up that Oregon school the other day smuggled in his rifle in a guitar case.
- An electronic musical score for a classic opera? Heresy!
- Get over it, Robin Thicke. This is now getting extra pathetic.
- There’s a new supergroup featuring members of Queens of the Stone Age and Soundgarden. That means lots of ballads, then.
- The Beastie Boys are still wrapped up in legal issues regarding samples on their Paul’s Boutique album.
- Here’s an ambitious series of concerts taking place in Ontario cities that aren’t called “Toronto” or “Ottawa.” Looks interesting.
- Honda is making some big investments in music in the US.
- There’s a new change to the Grammy rules which could have some interesting implications.