Published on June 9th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for June 9, 2014
Happy birthday, Johnny Depp. You’re 51? Wow. And to make today even more special, it was 80 years ago that Donald Duck made his film debut in a cartoon called “Wise Little Hen.”
- The Huffington Post has this list of the worst movie songs ever.
- Don’t tour with Morrissey if you want to stay healthy.
- U2 has apparently packed up their gear and headed for London. More recording? Or just tweaking?
- The Kinks are thinking about a reunion. Or maybe not.
- Led Zeppelin has three albums in the UK Top 20 this week. Meanwhile, a 70 year-old song sits at #13 on the UK singles charts.
- A Canadian singer is launching a protest march on Google HQ in California.
- Singer Ron Sexsmith received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from Brock University over the weekend.
- Casey Kasem is in critical condition. “He won’t be with us much longer,” says family.
- Boy, people really don’t like the idea of Metallica playing Glastonbury.
- European schools to offer a class in Bjork.
- Radiohead dude can complete a triathalon, but the band can’t complete an album.
- Neil Young’s Twitter account was hacked. Treat any recent messages with caution.
- Pet Shop Boys call for pardons for those imprisoned for homosexual acts.
- A Rolling Stones concert attendance record has been broken by…George Strait? Yep.
- Advance ticket sales for that new production of Jesus Christ Superstar were “horrific.” No wonder they cancelled the whole thing.