Random Music News for May 6, 2014
It’s “International No Diet Day.” Have a cookie.
- Have you ever bought one of those Now That’s What I Call Music CDs? If so, read this. (Thanks to John.)
- Remember the story of those “quantified self” Apple earbuds? Never mind.
- Rumours are that Snow Patrol’s Johnny McDaid will marry Courtney Cox on June 15, her 50th birthday. He’s 37. Does this qualify as taking a trip to Cougar Town?
- Conan O’Brien is starting a record label dedicated to comedy recordings.
- Is Michael Jackson’s I’m-still-dead single a flop? It looks like it.
- Duff Beer is coming to Australia.
- The bass player from an Australian band won $500,000 AUD on a game show.
- The bats are finally having their revenge on Ozzy. He can’t possibly bite the heads of this many.
- The largest vinyl pressing plant in the US is expanding.
- Dr. Pepper–yes, the soft drink people–are building a recording studio in LA.