Published on April 4th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, April 4, 2016
It’s the morning of April 4. There’s 15 cm of fresh snow outside my door. It’s Monday. To say I’m grumpy is something of an understatement. Despite how much I really want to go back to bed, I must report the music news…
- Interesting that Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne showed up together at the Junos.
- Cassettes are apparently back in Hamilton in a big, big way. (Via Michael)
- The Wes Scanlin/Puddle of Mudd SWAT team story. LA cops brought out the heavy artillery.
- Did you know you can ride a horse to Coachella?
- Are your old VHS tapes worth money?
- The things people put online never fails to amaze me. Here’s another example.
- Madonna and son Rocco are still fighting.
- This is how Glastonbury going to pay tribute to David Bowie.
- Bob Ezrin has no regrets about taking on Kanye West.
- Beethoven for the win!
- Frank Zappa can still teach us how to be weird.
- Notorious B.I.G. could end up being resurrected as a hologram.
- The company making the first new vinyl jukebox in decades has a waiting list that stretches on forever.
- Ten tricks that musicians and actors use when they perform live.
- New documentary asks the question “What is classic rock?” The answer is more difficult than you might think.