Published on December 18th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, December 18, 2017
Back in the home office after two weeks in the Far East. Better get started on my Xmas shopping, huh? Here’s some music news for December 18.
- And here’s yet another tease about an Oasis reunion (this one from Noel) that probably won’t come true.
- The former head of the Pentagon’s UFO research group now works for Tom DeLonge and his alien hunters.
- Was the weapon used to murder Tupac found? And where is it?
- Here’s a list of songs that made an impact on TV in 2017
- Interested in the whole story around the net neutrality travesty in the US? Read this.
- If you’re a musician, you need to read this piece about building a social media strategy.
- This is a touching story about a choir that can’t ever sing together.
- Speaking of touching stuff, watch this spot that features Liam Gallagher as a climate change snowman.
- When you’re Bruce Springsteen, you can’t just go out for a steak.
- Let’s compare the Disney-Fox merger with what we saw in the music industry.
- Jack Black is pissed at Donald Trump because he says Trump stole his schtick.
- If there’s one good thing that’s come out of the Chester Bennington episode is that more people are willing to talk about things like depression–like Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach.
- Lollapalooza Paris? Yep. Good lineup, too.
- Gene Simmons has been sued for groping.
- No Destiny’s Child reunion for Coachella, says Beyonce.
- This German dude is going to be the first Western musician to play Iran since the Islamic revolution of 1979.
- This year may be remembered as the year non-English music made a big impact on English-speaking radio.