Published on December 19th, 2016 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Monday, December 19, 2016
Well, that was an ugly trip back from the Caribbean. Weather-delayed flights. Missed connections. Unwanted overnight stays. Overbooked flights. Crew substitutions. Unscheduled aircraft maintenance. Aircraft swaps.
What should have been a simple 7.5 hour flight from Sint Maarten to Toronto turned into a 33-hour nightmare. I’ve flown home from Singapore in ten fewer hours. Hell, it only took 32 hours to get to Bali, and that was YYZ-SFO-HKG-SIN-DSP.
F**k you, United Airlines. You’re the worst. You talk customer service but don’t deliver. And you don’t take responsibility for your screwups.
There is often nothing civil about civil aviation. Still, the music news must be reported.
- Two radio legends have died. First, Scruff Connors, most famously of Q107/Toronto…
- …and Bob Coburn, best known for the syndicated show Rockline.
- And while we’re at it, here’s a partial list of the amazing musicians we lost in 2016.
- Is the era of the rap mixtape over?
- It turns out David Foster is NOT helping Trump with his inauguration.
- What the hell is this sound? It’s coming from a depth of 36,000 feet in the Marianas Trench.
- Mick Jagger has named his new son Deveraux Octavian Basil Jagger. Seriously.
- Rapper 2 Chainz just sold a hideously ugly Christmas sweater for $90,000 USD.
- Phil Collins’ wrists, arms, shoulders and neck are pretty mess up from years of drumming, but he’d still love to be able to play again.
- This French Beatle fanatic just sold his 15,000 piece memorabilia collection.
- Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You” is also a plague on UK radio.
- Ziggy Marley has a really cool library for chilling.
- The Band’s Robbie Robertson was the subject of a CBS Sunday Morning profile.
- Are you a Spotify superuser? Did you get a present from them?
- Here’s how musicians try to write songs for documentaries and other films depicting real life.
- How about a holographic touchscreen infotainment system for your future BMW?
- Students in Israel want national biology exam postponed so they can go to a Bieber concert.