Published on December 25th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, December 25, 2017
Yes, I’m working on the website Christmas day. There’s obviously something wrong with me. But who else is going to report on music news for December 25?
- How much do some Christmas songs earn? Some of them earn a lot every single year.
- Metallica’s James Hetfield did something nice for police and firefighters for Christmas.
- People are ruining Christmas songs by inserting Donald Trump.
- New Yorkers seem baffled by the Pogues’ “A Fairytale of New York.”
- Kid Rock promised “the greatest show on earth.” Someone disagreed–and launched a lawsuit.
- Remember Mariah Carey’s botched New Year’s Eve TV appearance last year? She’s out for redemption this year.
- This “if you play” New Year’s Eve meme is getting out of control.
- Elvis Costello is now a cat. Let me explain that.
- Is Snoop Dogg contemplating a career in… gospel music?
- USA Today has this list of the top 50 songs of the year. Thoughts?
- Scientists have found the spot inside our brains that helps us recognize voices.
- Chester Bennington’s ex-wife is looking for some cash from his estate.
- Here’s a trailer for a new series from Norway that has at least one music story. (Via Tom)
- No mosh pits ’til Christmas!
- An angry letter written my John Lennon has just sold for big dollars.
- To protect your laptop from spies, there’s a new app–from Edward Snowden!