Random Music News for Monday, February 2, 2015
No matter what those goddamn rodents say today, we’re still going to get six more weeks of winter.
- Gorillaz are about to return!
- Grunge side project Mad Season reunites–even though two of them are still dead.
- Why was Chad Kroeger of Nickelback seen in a studio with One Direction? (Via Tom)
- SLAYER has a cyberbullying problem–and it’s not their fault.
- Fox has picked up a sitcom based on the life of Weezer’s Rivers Cuomo.
- Here’s the story of a musician who spent 56 days in a Dubai jail. It’s not pretty.
- GWAR fans: sign this petition to have Oderus Urungus memorialized as a character in a Mortal Combat X.
- The story of AllMusic.com, one of the greatest music reference sites the Internet has.
- Noel Gallagher says his life is too boring for him to write songs about it.
- At least one of the guys in Slipknot really, really likes traditional jazz.
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch has been turned into a rehab centre for sexually abused children.
- Bobbi Christina Brown: like mother like daughter?
- Did you watch Katy Perry’s halftime show yesterday? How did it stack up historically?
- I hate to say it, but I’m siding with Bieber on this one. (Via Tom)