Random Music News for Monday, February 20, 2017
Are you enjoying a statutory holiday today? Nice little February break, innit? Holiday or no, there’s still music news to report.
- I’m still in Western Australia for a few more days. The papers are full of this story about a mass overdose at a music festival.
- Biggest album in the US this week? The Fifty Shades Darker soundtrack. Here in Australia, too.
- Ace Frehley coming back to KISS? Probably not, I’m afraid.
- Pink Floyd for Glastonbury? There seems to be some smoke here.
- Another tribute to the glory that is The Shaggs.
- And here’s a look at how Weird Al has managed to outlive just about everyone he’s ever parodied.
- Deconstructing Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer.”
- Here are 18 things you should know about the legendary Sun Studios.
- Whatever happened to Apple’s plans to revolutionize TV? This.
- Did you grow up on grunge? Try this.
- U2 is planning to re-release “Red Hill Mining Town” with better vocals and a better mix.
- This deaf couple was married for twelve years before cochlear implants allowed them to hear each other for the first time. Watch.