Published on February 27th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, February 27, 2017
I couldn’t make it through the Academy Awards last night. I just couldn’t. You? And look at all the drama we missed! Dammit… And now, some music news.
- The Gorillaz album is finished and tour rehearsals have begun.
- With this Facebook post, Beyonce took a subtle shot at Donald Trump.
- Nicki Minaj’s clothing line has been dropped by Kmart because sales have gone off a cliff.
- Garth Brooks pulled an Oprah Winfrey with a couple of fans: “YOU get a car! And YOU get a car!”
- Please stop asking Bob Marley’s granddaughter to smoke weed with you.
- Why did the Atlanta Falcons collapse in the Super Bowl? It was Lady Gaga’s fault.
- Dancing is now legal in Henryetta, Oklahoma. Up until now, you could have been fined $25.
- Here’s a new animated movie that might be worth a look: Rock Dog. Yes, it’s about a dog who rocks.
- “British music really sucks right now.” Discuss.
- Here are the final 2016 market share numbers for record labels and music publishers.
- Who let the dogs out? Now we know.
- Anyone want to buy the car in which Tupac was shot?
- Noel Gallagher loses phone, figures its massive archive of porn has ruined his chance of being knighted.
- “Beyonce lip syncs. Adele doesn’t. Any questions?”
- Soundgarden has announced a spring tour, but there are no Canadian dates yet.