Random Music News for Monday, January 30, 2017
It was on this day that the Beatles performed in public for the last time. It was a 42-minute rooftop performance from their Apple Corps. HQ in London. Here’s the set list. And now, the music news.
- Geoff Nicholls, longtime keyboardist for Black Sabbath, has died at the age of 68. Lung cancer.
- Good question: What distinguishes one music streaming from another?
- Ranking the 50 Super Bowl halftime performances from worst to best.
- There’s a petition by Atlanta Falcons fans to have Lady Gaga replaced by Migos for the Super Bowl halftime show.
- What will Lady Gaga say about Donald Trump during her Super Bowl performance on Sunday? Some people are betting on pro-LGBT comments.
- Rihanna vs. Donald Trump.
- Deadmau5 vs. Donald Trump.
- John Legend vs. Donald Trump.
- Kurtis Blow will chair the coming hip hop museum in the Bronx.
- Jamiroquai’s Jay Kay loves his cars. He’s one of the few people to own a Ferrari LaFerrari. Here are some pictures.
- Justin Bieber played in an NHL All-Star Celebrity Game and didn’t keep his head up. Oops. But Chris Pronger ultimately let us down. (Via Tom)
- The Ronnie James Dio hologram is headed this way.
- StubHub had record revenues in Q4. And they made a lot of money.
- With revenues of $90 billion, Google generated way more than the entire music industry.
- Another suggestion that the Cleveland Indians be renamed the Cleveland Rocks.
- A cool story about how some creepy movie music came to be.