Random Music News for Monday, January 5, 2015
Ugh. The dreaded single digit dates of January. Spring seems so far, far, away. And now that you’re bummed out…
- Here’s an article that talks about what college students think about vinyl.
- Remember The New Radicals and their song “You Get What You Give?” The singer is back–kind of.
- A Welsh man has been banned from drinking alcohol after called 911 and claiming his was Nicki Minaj. Twice.
- Paul McCartney suddenly has a thing for working with hip hop and R&B artists.
- Ten artists that refuse to stream their music. There’s more than just Thom Yorke and Taylor Swift.
- Is Jack Antanoff .fun and Bleachers engaged to Lena Dunham?
- Tom Chaplin of Keane suffered a break-in at his house and his wife’s diamond ring is missing.
- Mariah Carey bought and RV. It has a dance club.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber wants there to be WiFi is every church. Wait–what?
- Here’s a list of hit songs from 2014 that I’m going to bet you’ll never, ever want to hear again.
- This website could be your all-in-one torrent machine. Tread carefully…
- Sony is bringing a brand new Walkman to CES.
- So who was Eddie Vedder hanging out in with in Hawaii over the holidays? Barack Obama.
- Paul McCartney says you shouldn’t waste your time taking courses on the Beatles. Aw, Macca, you’re just being modest.
- Remember how Canadian indie darling Matt DeMarco was selling some old, dirty shoes on eBay for charity? Someone paid over $21,000 for them.
- Travelling in the US with your musical instrument? There are new rules in effect.
- Michael Jackson’s son is hanging out with Justin Bieber. No good can come of this. (Via Tom)
- The Brad Pitt singalong.