Random Music News for Monday, June 12, 2017
Whilst in Shanghai, I almost got to see one of those weird Chinese airport fights where angry passengers took on angry gate attendants. I had my cell phone ready and everything, but the situation was diffused. And now, the music news for June 12.
- An Australian website says The Killers will release a new song on June 15 called “The Man.” Can’t comment on the day, but I’ve heard the whole song, so it’s real.
- Damon Albarn isn’t happy with the outcome of the UK election.
- The tour by that awful “cash me ousside” girl has been canceled. Sad, huh?
- Bob Marley’s groundbreaking album, Exodus, turns 40 this year.
- This is another big summer for album releases. See?
- A challenge: Make the worst volume control you can imagine. The result was UI hell.
- Cheese can boost your hearing!
- Metric’s Emily Haines is doing solo stuff for the first time in a decade. Check out this video.
- Equal parts creepy and cool: contact lenses that record video.
- In one of his last interviews, Adam West talks about being on Family Guy.
- And here are West’s most campy moments on Batman….
- …and an obituary.
- Sex and drugs and rock’n’roll and…Neil Sedaka?
- Beyonce is prepping for a home birth. I just thought you needed to know.
- Nick Gordon, Bobby Kristina Brown’s ex, has been arrested for kidnapping his girlfriend.
- John Mayer for the win!