Published on June 26th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, June 26, 2017
I’m trying to ignore that the days are getting shorter. I know, I know: glass half-full, right? And now the music news for June 26.
- Monday timesuck: The secret history of Radiohead’s OK Computer.
- Have the Stone Roses split up again? Maybe.
- Diddy: Documentary filmmaker.
- Meanwhile, the Tupac biopic is pissing off (former) friends…
- …and there’s now a copyright infringement case against the movie.
- And then there’s Ice Cube. He’s betting big on 3-on-3 basketball.
- Designing the perfect accordion. Yes, accordion perfection is attainable!
- Former tennis great John McEnroe sure liked to roll with rock stars.
- Mike Jagger is 73. Here he is with his six-month-old son.
- The son of reggae great Peter Tosh was beaten into a coma while serving in jail.
- The female German rapper who was charged with turning fans into sex workers. Wait–what?
- And still with crime, Susan Boyle–remember her?–was attacked by 15 youths.
- Something to discuss at work today: Is it time for a critical re-evaluation of Def Leppard’s music?
- A fan of Imagine Dragons? Take a read of this interview and this one.
- Pussy Riot is NOT happy with Oliver Stone’s documentary on Vladimir Putin.
- Neil Young’s Decade collection is coming back after being out of print for years.
- Celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of Radiohead’s OK Computer? Then read this and this.
- Casey Kasem’s widow has filed a wrongful death suit against his children.