Published on June 6th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, June 6, 2016
Today is the 70th birthday of the NBA. When it formed in 1946, there were eleven teams, including the Toronto Huskies. When they played the New York Knickerbockers that November, it was the first-ever official NBA game. And now, the music news.
- THIS is gonna be explosive: Prophets of Rage plans to show up at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland later this month.
- Google wanted to buy what was left of Michael Jackson’s publishing.
- Seventy people were hurt by a lightning strike at the Rock am Ring Festival in Germany…
- …and a portion of NYC’s Governor’s Ball was cancelled because of bad weather….
- …and a make-up surprise show by Kanye caused a near-riot in New York.
- Want to write a song for Beyonce? Here’s how.
- Here’s a roundup of celebrity real estate news from LA.
- Paul McCartney’s VR plan: This looks interesting.
- The one-armed saxophone: now that you mention it…
- Bieber emojis. Gawd…
- What’s in Bowie’s vault? We may soon find out.
- The Monkees are having their best time in 48 years. See? (Via Tom)
- Bono admits that his suggestion of using comedy to fight ISIS was a joke that fell flat.
- I would do anything to play bingo with Johnny Lydon. That would be hysterical.
- Imagine if your boss gave you nearly a year to work on a musical art project. Moog Synths did just that for their engineers.
- Bose’s noise cancelling headphones are finally going wireless.