Published on May 22nd, 2017 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Monday, May 22, 2017
It’s a holiday Monday for us in Canada, but since this site has readers around the world, I feel obligated to offer up some music news for May 22.
- Chris Cornell’s funeral has been set for Los Angeles on Friday.
- Another commentary on the sad fate of grunge. Please, Eddie, stay safe.
- If you’re into the whole Kurt-Cobain-was-murdered conspiracy, you’ll want to read this.
- Here are 21 charts that describe the current state of music industry.
- Oh, Guelph Central Student Association, Lou Reed would laugh and laugh and laugh at you.
- The world’s youngest club DJ is six years old. Six!
- If you’re into vinyl, you’ll love this feature on the weirdness of B-side culture.
- Here’s an interesting look at Studio 54’s first month. They almost didn’t make it.
- The Internet as the general public knows it–born c.1994–is now in its late adolescence. How are things going?
- Looking for Kanye? He’s hanging out in Wyoming.
- If you’re into the whole “song of the summer” nonsense, here are some contenders.
- Prince’s six siblings have been named heirs to his estate.
- Former pirate radio station Radio Caroline has been given a legit broadcast license.
- The Chainsmokers’ “Closer” has surpassed one billion plays on Spotify.
- So PayPal thinks Pandor’s new logo is too similar to theirs? Time to sue Pandora.
- Question: Could you last a whole gig without looking at your phone?