Published on October 10th, 2016 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Monday, October 10, 2016
Happy Thanksgiving! And for all American readers, how is Columbus Day still a thing? And now, some music news…
- Insane Clown Posse finally comment on the creepy clown crisis in the US.
- And an Australian band called Clowns is sick of the whole thing, too.
- How much of a boost was Adele’s 25 to her indie label, Beggars Banquet? Operating profits were up 229.2%.
- Meanwhile, it was another miserable week for album sales in the US. Bon Iver’s 22, A Million debuted at #1 with less than 58,000 physical units sold. Add up the sales of the Top 200 and you don’t get a million new CDs sold.
- So, about that Oasis reunion…
- The female fans of Oasis.
- Oh, THAT’S why Iggy never wears shirts.
- Interesting: Comparing Donald Trump the Sex Pistols.
- The first person to report on the death of John Lennon has died.
- Are Prince’s ashes on display at Paisley Park?
- Madonna’s stalker doesn’t love her anymore.
- Tom Waits vs. the avant-garde French circus star.
- “Icky Trump” is now a TV thing. JackWhite must be pleased. (And so is “Kanye 2020.”)
- And Carly Simon has repurposed “You’re So Vain” as an anti-Trump protest.