Published on October 17th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, October 17, 2016
Flying home from Desert Trip with dust permeating every cranny of my sinuses. It was worth it, though. McCartney is a machine. I can only hope I’m in that kind of shape at his age. And now, some other music news…
- At the height of Adele-mania with her 25 album, she was making an average of £84,000 ($135,o00 CAD) a day.
- Adele paid a lot of taxes, of course, but that’s one of the ten most poisonous things about which to write a song.
- AT&T could be planning a big run at the music business. But how?
- Could your next TV or phone be as thin as a sheet of paper?
- Surprise! Sting found out he had some illegal immigrants working on his wine estate in Italy.
- How big is Beyonce? Her Formation tour made $250 million.
- This cat video should have been posted on Caturday, but whatever…
- Here’s another cautionary tale about protecting your hearing against loud music.
- The story of Terry Fox is being turned into a musical. It only took the composer twelve years.
- This is fascinating: When rock and numerology collide.
- Let’s take a listen to an unreleased track from The Who from 1965, shall we?
- There seems to have been a breakthrough in getting machines to talk just like us. (Via Bobby)
- Green Day’s Revolution Radio debuted at #1 on the Billboard album charts. And they did it the old fashioned way.
- The biggest pop star in Nepal is…a Buddhist nun?
- Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance has a new cassette that already trading for decent dollars on eBay. (Via Brent)