Published on October 30th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, October 30, 2017
All Hallow’s Eve Eve? Sure. Let’s go with that. And now some music news for October 30.
- Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders had a bad gig. Then again, she did ask fans to put down their stupid phones and watch the show…
- Not a country music fan? Then you might want to avoid certain Southwest Airlines flights.
- This list of the 57 most influential album covers is brought to you by…American Express? (Via Greggory)
- Jack White is going to deliver the keynote at a vinyl conference next week.
- The story of the biggest drum battle of the 20th century.
- Which is better: Google Home Assistant or Amazon’s Alexa? Let’s find out.
- Will Apple become a $1 trillion company? Events this week could determine that.
- An Apple engineer was apparently fired after his daughter posted a video of the new iPhone X. Oops.
- Tom Morello has some thoughts on the death of his friend and former bandmate, Chris Cornell.
- The Tea Party have re-recorded four songs from the earliest days of the band.
- This gig by Polaris Music Prize winner Lido Pimienta at the Halifax Pop Explosion has made a number of people uneasy. You’ll immediately understand why.
- This is fun: a couple of Sex Pistols break down Never Mind the Bollocks track by track.
- Switzerland is the latest country to begin a migration from FM to DAB radio.
- Here’s another article on trends in radio listening in the US.
- How much is being lost to online piracy of media? This much?
- Because you never know when you need an ultrasound test, there’s now an iPhone app for that.
- India is now the second-biggest smartphone market in the world.