Random Music News for Monday, September 25, 2017
According to a Christian numerologist, the world was supposed to have ended this past Saturday. I hope you didn’t max out the credit card. And now, the music news for September 25.
- Are you a Canadian artist thinking of touring in the US? Best read this first.
- How glam rock/hair metal helped bring down the USSR. (Via Tom)
- Jay-Z to the NFL re: Super Bowl LII: “No, thanks.”
- Maybe he turned it down because he’s launching a private jet charter service.
- One of the Pet Shop Boys was mugged in Rio….
- …and the army was called in just as the Rock in Rio festival began.
- Madonna released a live album (surprise!) and it sold just 3,848 copies.
- Wanna buy some Spotify followers? Here’s how you can game the system.
- The Universal Hip Hop Museum in the Bronx is another step closer to reality.
- The Britpop novel Kill Your Friends by John Niven is getting a sequel. Good.
- Here’s an old-school music box that you can use using headphones. I don’t know what the point is, still…
- Wanna buy an unreleased and unheard Beatles demo from 1963? Go here.
- Green Day has a bookmobile? Apparently so.
- What if your job required that you go to sex parties? Here’s what you do.