Published on April 16th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, April 16, 2016
Record Store Day! My VISA is going to take a beating. And in other music news…
- Speaking of vinyl, sales of the format in the UK were up 61.8% in the first quarter in the UK. Wow.
- VICE served a cease-and-desist letter to a struggling indie band just because their name is ViceVersa. Nice.
- Ticketmaster is going to sell tickets directly on Facebook.
- Australian music festivals are going through a tough time.
- Dave Navarro was rescued from a stuck elevator by the NYFD.
- YAY, BABAYMETAL!
- Grimes says she’s been the target of unwanted advances by record producers.
- If you had $1,000,000, you couldn’t afford all the stuff in the Barenaked Ladies song.
- Google and Google are going to invest $60 million USD in some kind of new music venture run by “a music industry veteran.” Who? No one knows yet. We should hear next week.
- A new Kanye track showed up on Apple Music–and then it disappeared. Interesting.
- What happened to Prince that required his private plane to make an emergency landing in Illinois?
- Lush had to cancel their Coachella appearance because of visa issues.
- There was a drone issue at a Muse concert.
- About that Radiohead album release in June…
- ZZ Top had to cancel a show after Dusty Hill fell and dislocated his shoulder.
- Finally, a Caturday post: Taylor Swift’s cat hates parties.