Published on December 9th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, December 9, 2017
On this day in 1979, it was announced that that smallpox virus, a disease that killed and disfigured untold millions, had been eradicated. What did it? Vaccines. And now, some music news for December 9.
- Tool drummer Danny Carey says there will “definitely” be a new album in 2018. But we’ve heard that line before…
- The Ontario government is thinking about creating an official position of Poet Laureate in memory of Gord Downie.
- Chester Bennington’s widow is super-pissed at the LA County Corner and TMZ for publishing a suicide attempt story about Chester that she says isn’t true.
- A fun list: Superstars who offered up songs for movie soundtracks only to have them rejected.
- Were you ever into straight edge hardcore? Then this new book is for you.
- Dr. Dre still claims to be embarrassed by his musical past.
- More on the streaming wars: Amazon’s streaming service just went online in 28 more countries…
- …and the new YouTube service (codenamed “Remix”) should be online by March. More on that here.
- Here are the top ten new podcasts in the US for 2017…
- …and the overall top 20. (No Ongoing History here. Must have been a data error…)
- Another good list: The top performers on SoundCloud in 2017.