Random Music News for Saturday, February 11, 2017
MCing a wedding in Singapore today. A dry wedding. This should be interesting. Now, the music news.
- Daniel Ek, the CEO of Spotify, has been named the most powerful person in music.
- Are you a fan of Protest the Hero? Here’s a good interview with Rody Walker.
- Apple’s iPhones to use “quantum tunneling?” Huh?
- And Apple seems to be going all-in when it comes to wireless charging.
- A children’s song has been banned in Germany because of a complaint from a vegan.
- A Chinese airline passenger has been jailed for refusing to stop using his phone (listening to music?) on takeoff.
- Meanwhile, guitarist Rick Derringer has been arrested for taking a loaded gun on a plane.
- Well, this isn’t going to help the schism in New Order, is it?
- Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers has had some issues with his health. Again.
- Vanity Fair picks music’s most stylish men.