Published on February 18th, 2017 | by Alan Cross2
Random Music News for Saturday, February 18, 2017
Still in Western Australia, drinking a local whiskey called Limeburners. Dangerous. And now, some music news…
- Former Iron Maiden drummer Clive Burr has died at 56 as the result of complications of MS.
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin came to the rescue of a charity event. What a nice boy.
- Pop stars are continuing to bet big on gigs in Vegas.
- Now that Prince is on Spotify, a lot of people are streaming his stuff–and some of what’s being streamed is a surprise.
- Maynard James Keenan has started on the vocals for the new Tool album. Ten years, nine months, 21 days since 10,000 Days…
- New trend: Duets with starts from beyond the grave.
- Former major league pitcher and Cy Young winner Barry Zito is launching a career in music.
- The Grammy telecast has driven sales for Adele and Beyonce up more than 200%.
- America’s FCC has endorsed the use of the FM chip in mobile phones but has stopped short of ruling it has to be switched on.
- More cassette revival malarky. (Via Tom)
- During this summer’s total eclipse in the US, Ozzy says he’s going to bark at the moon.
- Michael Jackson’s tax trial continues. It’s weird.
- Apple has turned some tweets into commercials.
- Some fascinating reading on the neuroscience of music.