Published on July 23rd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, July 23, 2016
Off to Dubai tonight on a diplomatic mission. Pray that my nickel-sized kidney stone doesn’t cause any problems on the 13 hour flight. And now, the music news.
- What can we learn from the Tragically Hip ticket sale fiasco? This.
- The city of Burlington, Ontario, will show the final Tragically Hip show at Spencer Smith Park on the shores of Lake Ontario on August 20.
- This would qualify as a Canadian supergroup wouldn’t it? I mean, it features members of Sloan, the Pursuit of Happiness, Odds and Bareknaked Ladies…
- Perry Farrell looks back on 25 years of Lollapalooza.
- Bono is still in the south of France after the scare of the truck attack in Nice. He’s been hanging out with Ellie Goulding, apparently. (Via Larry)
- Paul McCartney turned in another terrific performance in Hamilton Thursday night. Watch. (Via Michael)
- “Donald Trumps father was Woody Guthrie’s racist landlord.”
- There’s a reissue of Oasis’ Be Here Now coming with 14 unreleased demos.
- Wait: There was almost a reunion of The Jam last year?
- If you’re still wearing that wristband you got at the music festival, cut it off. Now.
- A Florida man has legally changed his name to “Kraftwerk.”
- The rich (read: Taylor Swift) are not like you and me–especially in the summer.