Published on June 11th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, June 11, 2016
In Winnipeg for the weekend. Good thing I packed bug spray. And now, the music news…
- Why the words “Chance the Rapper” are the scariest three words to the music industry right now.
- Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream really hurt his back in that fall. The band has had to cancel more dates.
- The “Stairway to Heaven” plagiarism trial starts Tuesday. Time to become acquainted with the plaintiffs.
- Fun: 25 brilliant albums with awful album artwork.
- Here’s another sample of the upcoming Red Hot Chili Peppers album, The Getaway.
- Confused by the nature and culture of British nightlife? Try this explanation.
- So what, exactly, is “software-defined radio?” This.
- Is YouTube building a new type of music industry? Maybe.
- Is Amazon about to launch a streaming music service? Maybe.
- Taylor Swift greeting cards? Yep.
- Drake’s Views album has already been streamed one billion times in the US.
- In Prince news…