Published on June 4th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, June 5, 2016
Ali. If you were around when he was fighting, you’ll know what a hero he was to many, many, many millions around the planet. I still remember the chant in Zaire in ’74: “ALI BOMA YE!”
And on the music news front…
- Primal Scream’s Bobby Gillespie was hurt when he fell from some stage scaffolding during a festival performance. It’s his back, apparently.
- Following all kinds of drug issues and deaths, the mayor of Tampa wants an EDM festival to be permanently canceled.
- Meanwhile, Live Nation has canceled a bunch of shows after the shooting at a T.I. concert in NYC.
- Here comes the Spice Girls reunion.
- Looking for a job in the music industry? How about this one?
- Here’s one of the great rock’n’roll scams: The fake Zombies.
- This is a sample of U2’s upcoming live DVD/Blu-ray shot in Paris.
- Wow. Harsh Hip words.
- And harsh words for Ticketmaster over Hip ticket sales, too.
- Slipknot’s Cory Taylor needs “unscheduled spinal surgery.”
- Tony Visconti: “Brilliant Bowie music is on the way.”
- An extinct species of otter has been named after the Dead’s Bob Weir. (Via Tom)
- Macklemore is doing a doc on the dangers of opiate addiction.
- There’s a new Kanye track out there. Surprise!