Remember to sign up for my free newsletter for a chance to win a sweet LG Bluetooth speaker!
Somewhat woozy after day one of the second weekend of Desert Trip. Dylan and the Stones last night, Neil Young and Macca tonight. In other music news…
- Speaking of Dylan, people keep asking “Can song lyrics ever be poetry?”
- Dylan didn’t mention a thing about his Nobel prize at his first show after he got the award.
- And speaking of The Who, they’ve got a five-disc My Generation set coming out.
- Three more David Bowie tracks? Yes, please!
- Can’t sleep? Then maybe you need a pillow that plays music.
- Tool’s Maynard James Keenan is bringing along some friends on his book tour. It’ll be interesting to see if anyone of these folks show up at his Toronto appearance November 14.
- Playing gigs in the dark: it’s a thing, apparently.
- Billy Corgan isn’t getting along well with his own pro wrestling company.
- Tim Curry (age 70) rejoins a cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- A Canadian hotbed of record collecting is…Winnipeg? Apparently.