Published on September 17th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Saturday, September 17, 2016
New pet peeve: people who stop dead at the top of busy escalators. What are they thinking? And now, some music news…
- A man with Alzheimer’s seen on Carpool Karaoke has been offered a record deal.
- Stevie Van Zandt of the E Street Band is distancing himself from his connection to Trump acolyte, NJ governor Chris Christie.
- Jamie Foxx thinks a President Trump would be very, very good for Kanye West. Wait–what?
- These headphones have built-in Spotify controls.
- Why Silicon Valley is completely wrong about Apple’s Airpods.
- If you’re a Pink Floyd fan, you have to be pretty excited about this new box set. Watch it being unboxed.
- The weirdest thing about this story is not that a woman camped out to buy an iPhone 7, but the fact that she brought her Steve Jobs body pillow.
- And since we’re speaking of weird iPhone 7 news, there’s the little matter of some porn…
- A Backstreet Boys emoji keyboard. Oh, good.
- South Park vs. “The Star Spangled Banner” controversy: clever.
- Pixies’ guitarist Joey Santiago has checked into rehab.
- Universal and Sony, the two biggest major labels, have announced a joint low-priced streaming music service.
- Are you a guitarist tired of all those pedals on the floor? What if someone built a wah-wah pedal into a pair of sneakers? It’s been done. (Via Tom)
- Float this idea with friends: What if Facebook were to buy Spotify?