Published on September 16th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for September 16, 2014
BB King is 89 today.
- The New Pornographers are now down one drummer.
- A Doors movie made in 1968 is FINALLY coming out. (Via Tom)
- How thick is Robin Thicke? Very, very thick. His court testimony proves it. (Via Moe)
- Linkin Park vs. Ebola: who wins?
- A fun list: 22 happy-sounding songs with some very dark lyrics.
- Tasmania University has launched a study into the value of live music. They want to somehow quantify it.
- The founder of the very good New Zealand alt-pop band The Chills passes away.
- Apple says that U2’s new album has been accessed by 33 million users.
- And speaking of Apple, they received 4 million iPhone orders on the first day. I saw a story about the first air freight shipments of phones to the US: 93 TONS worth.
- Record labels want to talk about how airlines license music for their in-flight entertainment systems. (Via FYI Music News)
- Attention musicians: here are the pros and cons of all the streaming music services, thanks to Paste. (Via FYI Music News)
- What is the “whitest band in the world?” And don’t say “U2,” because science says you’re wrong.