Random Music News for Thursday, April 7, 2016
This was a big day in computing in 1964. IBM introduced the System/360. And now, some music news…
- This Canadian singer snuck into Buckingham Palace and got to perform illicitly.
- Terry Jacks, the man behind the massive CanCon (and worldwide hit) “Seasons in the Sun” back in the early 70s, is recovering from a stroke in a Vancouver hospital.
- The Rolling Stones are working on a new album. Seriously, does anyone care about new Stones music?
- There’s a fight over the money Scott Weiland left behind.
- Meanwhile, STP is apparently close to finding their new lead singer.
- Panama Papers fallout: This cellist helped Vladimir Putin hide billions.
- More: Simon Colwell has been hiding money, too.
- Going to NXNE in June? Here’s some of what you can expect to see.
- Why Facebook won’t let a band promote a gig in the English town of Scunthorpe.
- Here’s a collection of apps that might make the lives of music fans easier.
- David Bowie has dominated the British music charts this year.
- Why is country music so big in Ireland?
- Which landfill indie band are you? (I know that’s weird, but click for clarification.)
- Would you vote for Disco Donnie for president? Hey, he couldn’t be worse than Donald Trump…
- Tom Waits has a new TV gig.
- Ravi Shankar is 96.
- A quarter of young Europeans pirate online content.