Published on December 28th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, December 28, 2017
I’m serious. STOP WITH THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC! It’s there some kind of law surrounding this sort of thing? It’s December 28, fer crissakes.
- Canadian music sales vs. this time last year: Total albums, -17%; digital albums, -22.7%; physical albums, -13.4%; CDs, -15.3%; vinyl +23.2%; streaming, +71.6%
- Cassettes? Up 5.7%. But that means only 7,400 WERE SOLD ACROSS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OVER THE COURSE OF AN ENTIRE YEAR. Compare that with 10,847,100 CDs and 786,600 LPs. There is no “cassette renaissance!”
- Has there been a major data breach at Spotify?
- Here’s a good roundup of media predictions for 2018.
- The New York Times looks back at the rockers who died in 2017.
- Are you into coloured vinyl? Here are the biggest sellers of 2017.
- Bono thinks that music has become “very girly.”
- A Trump campaign worker now has a #MeToo issue with a singer.
- And the Crystal Castles #MeToo allegations just keep expanding.
- Don’t do this to your dog. Please?
- Slash just bought himself a nice new place.