Random Music News for Thursday, December 4, 2014
It was 60 years ago today that the first-ever Burger King opened. That store was in Miami.
- The former drummer for Cake has been sent to jail for 15 years for child molestation. He’ll be popular.
- Shazam will soon be used in stores for targeting ads.
- Ultrasonic haptic feedback. What?
- Frozen makeup. It’s a thing.
- Just what you need: “All I Want for Christmas” sung 20 different ways.
- If you’re feeling nostalgic for the tapes of cassette tapes–and I can’t imagine why–try Tapedeck.org. (Via Michael)
- If you’re interesting in what trended and what was hot in 2014, you should look at these lists at Billboard.
- This is just the kind of thing that Slipknot doesn’t need to hear.
- Spoons man Gord Deppe has written an autobiography called SpoonFed. Get it here.
- Ian McLagan of The Small Faces and The Faces has died at age 69 as the result of complications of a stroke.
- Chicago Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford is out of action because he slipped at a hometown concert by Rise Against.
- 50 Cent’s bank account has been frozen because he refused to pay $17 million in a court case judgement with a headphone manufacturer.
- Holy crap! This Dr.Luke-Kesha rape situation just got weirder. Now Kesha’s lawsuit say that Luke was the producer who raped Lady Gaga.
- Interior decorating with the wife of a Rolling Stone.
- Looks like we should be paying attention to this new singer named James Bay.
- Cher comes out on the side of pigs. Actual pigs.