Published on February 12th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, February 12, 2015
Off to Dublin tonight. Anyone have any tips?
- Can you tune a tree? (Via Tom)
- Some say that Johnny Cash is the author of the greatest love letter of all time.
- Scott Weiland has shared another new song from his new band, The Wildabouts. It’s very T-Rex-ish.
- And the new drummer for AC/DC is…the old drummer. One of them, anyway.
- U2 fans should look for this Creators’ Project film today. (Via Michael)
- Les Paul’s prototype guitar is going to be auctioned off. (Via Tom)
- This can’t be good: Taylor Swift and Kanye are going into the studio together.
- The Long List for the 2015 Polaris Music Prize will be release on June 16 in Halifax, followed by the Short List from Toronto on July 16. The annual gala will be at the Carlu in Toronto on September 21.
- The Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack–the only bright(ish) spot in an otherwise disastrous endeavour–could debut at #1 on the US charts next week.
- Spotify plays of Beck’s Morning Phase have climb 524% after his Grammy win.
- Soundgarden, Blondie, Jane’s Addiction and, er, Rod Stewart will all perform at Kitchener’s Big Music Fest this summer. Tickets on sale tomorrow.
- It’s very possible that Apple’s iOS 8.4 will include Beats integration.
- Four unreleased Spice Girls tracks have been leaked. I’m too bored to make up a joke for that.
- The Grammys drew 3 million fewer American TV viewers than they did last year. Betcha CBS didn’t see that coming. (Hint: STOP WITH ALL THE BALLADS!)