Published on February 15th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, February 15, 2018
February is more than half over. Only about five more weeks until spring, too. Contemplate that as you skim through the music news for February 15, 2108.
- No Hedley at the Junos this year. Here’s why.
- Notice anything different about the music being used for figure skating routines at the Olympics this year?
- How to listen to music on your Apple Watch. This is worth the read.
- Speaking of which, Apple has apparently shipped more watches than the entire Swiss watch industry.
- For some reason, KISS’ Gene Simmons is writing a book about all the rock stars who died at age 27.
- Nelly has more #MeToo problems.
- And here’s more about some recent allegations against Hedley.
- There’s a singing professor that uses music to teacher miners about the dangers of mercury poisoning.
- Spotify: Well on the way to hitting the 100 million subscriber mark.
- Yet another look at the slow death of the CD.
- This person’s Amazon Echo keeps ordering cat food without asking.
- Note to evolutionary biologists: These crickets can’t sing but they keep on trying.
- Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready is a good dude, giving back by making music with foster kids.
- Frances Bean Cobain says she’s two years sober.