Published on February 5th, 2015 | by Alan Cross1
Random Music News for Thursday, February 5, 2015
Duff McKagan of Guns ‘N’ Roses is 51 today. It’s amazing he made it this far.
- Here’s another veteran rocker who longs for the days when people bought records. (Via Tom)
- Ready for a “World’s Sexiest Man” poll featuring some terrible musicians?
- So how did Missy Elliott end up at the Super Bowl, anyway?
- And about Jay Z’s purchase of a streaming music service: was that a smart idea?
- For anyone curious about the big summer festival schedule for north of Toronto this summer, there will be a big announcement at the Gladstone Hotel at 10am on Wednesday, February 11.
- Speaking of summer concerts, the lineup for Field Trip 2015 has been announced.
- Katy Perry’s Super Bowl costumes cost HOW MUCH?
- The world’s first pink iPhone has been released. And it’s only $3,600.
- Another feature on Soviet X-ray bootlegs.
- Sean Lennon + Marisia Tomei’s parents + tree = lawsuit.
- This is fun: a documentary on William S. Burroughs narrated by Iggy Pop. That’ll keep you busy for an hour.
- Need some samples for your next song? Here’s a new library of material–and it’s all free and clear.
- Spotify added 10 million new users in the last two months.
- INXS’ Tim Farris had one of his fingers severed when his left hand was caught in an electric anchor winch. Because of extensive damage to his band, he may never play guitar again.