Random Music News for Thursday, January 29, 2015
Why do I care so much about what happens on Shark Tank? What’s wrong with me?
- How the Beatles shocked the BBC back in the day.
- Ever hear the disco mix of the theme from M*A*S*H*? (Via Tom)
- Spotify has struck a deal with Sony that involves PlayStation.
- The Millenium Falcon turntable.
- Watch these kids being introduced to metal via Judas Priest. They don’t quite get it yet.
- This fake streaming site is actually pretty cool–but not if you work in the record industry.
- Black Sabbath’s Geezer Butler was arrested after a bar fight. He’s a feisty 65 years old.
- Midnight Oil is NOT reuniting.
- HTML5 for the win on YouTube.
- By the way, Tom Petty has now hit up three songs for songwriting credit because of similarities with something he already wrote…
- …but he’s also like us to know that the word “lawsuit” was never mentioned in the Sam Smith case.
- Here comes Apple’s new streaming service. When? Soon.
- This freaky dude pumped up his lips so he’d look more like Lana Del Rey. Serious sausage face.
- Are headphone plugs on the way out? Maybe USB is the way to go. (Great. More adapters to buy–and lose.)
- Just in case you want to buy whatever Katy Perry will wear during her Super Bowl halftime show, there’s an app for that.