Published on July 7th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, July 7, 2016
What happened near Roswell, New Mexico, on this date in 1947? We still don’t really know. But I can tell you what’s happening in music news…
- So is Apple going to lose the headphone jack on the iPhone or not? Here’s an analysis of what could happen.
- Oh, great: animated emojis for the iPhone.
- If you’re being rescued from the South Pole and things get dark and lonely, you might as well sing.
- And if you’re going to do a Wales-themed TV show, make sure the choir gets the Welsh national anthem right.
- Adele paid tribute to Prince in concert.
- Twisted Sister isn’t going to take it when it comes to Amnesia Rockfest in Quebec.
- Toddler Elvis. That is all.
- Do we have a release date for the new Metallica album? Maybe.
- Fiddy just settled his bankruptcy case.
- Last week, US record sales set an all-time low–again.
- Sum 41 vs. Nyan Cat. It’s on!
- This whole “not in this lifetime” thing from Guns ‘N Roses took another unexpected turn when original drummer Steve Adler FINALLY got his wish.
- This band banned Trump supporters from its shows.
- British indie bands are really worrying about what the Brexit means to their careers.
- Greg Kihn (remember “The Break-Up Song?”) required emergency surgery.