Published on June 1st, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, June 1, 2017
Now we know why flamingos stand on one leg. Glad that’s been sorted. Where do things stand with music news for June 1? Glad you asked…
- Is a long-lost Neil Young record from 1976 called Hitchhiker coming in July? Maybe.
- Bono had a chat with Rolling Stone about The Joshua Tree album, the new tour, the next album and Donald Trump.
- This Indian metal band is taking on radical Islam. (Via Tom)
- Tracking the most popular songs used on TV is turning into a big(ger) deal.
- If the cast of Glee had covered System of a Down’s “Chop Suey,” it might have sounded like this. (Via Danny)
- Gregg Allman’s funeral is set for Saturday.
- Olivia Newton-John has been diagnosed with cancer for the second time.
- Glen Danzig has some interesting thoughts on the services provided by Planned Parenthood.
- Some Canadian radio astronomers are working to listen for the universe’s briefest note. (Via Larry)
- Do we need a “Netflix for podcasts?” Possibly.
- Your budgie–yes, the bird–really knows human voices.
- Here’s how Ariana Grande and crew is pulling together that special Manchester benefit. Doing something this big this fast is hard.
- One of Britain’s TV network is moving the finale of Britain’s Got Talent so it won’t clash with that Manchester benefit.
- A marriage made in heaven: roast chicken and turntables. (Via Larry)
- Oops. Michael Jackson’s ex-wife accidentally burned down her best friend’s cottage.