Published on June 2nd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, June 2, 2016
On this day in 1999, the Kingdom of Bhutan got around to allowing TV into the country. And in music news…
- Just in case you haven’t seen the full Glastonbury lineup, here it is.
- In response to Spotify’s discovery playlist, Apple has launched their “breaking” playlist.
- This mobile phone is definitely for the 1%. It’ll sell for about $20,000 (NOT a typo.)
- Sharon and Ozzy are trying to work it out. Again.
- Here’s the tragic story of a singer who will soon lose his voice as the result of an operation to deal with cancer of the larynx. And here’s how you can help.
- We’re getting closer to the relaunch of The Rivoli in Toronto.
- Here are the US AC/DC dates featuring Axl Rose.
- RHCP’s Anthony Kiedis: “I’m not back on drugs.”
- Scott Weiland’s widow says he left behind a tremendous amount of debt.
- Beck’s new song, “Wow,” will be released to radio at noon ET today. If you’re reading this at after noon, turn on a radio.
- The National Music Centre in Calgary is set to open July 1. Memberships are now on sale.
- Druggie raves have returned to the British countryside. Farmers are pissed.
- Meanwhile, two people are dead of suspected drug overdoses at a festival in Florida. Another 57 have been hospitalized.
- Fun (but complicated) article on why Americans think Canadians say “aboot” instead of “about.” (Spoiler: We don’t, but….)
- Is this a new Arcade Fire song? Sounds like it.