Published on May 25th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Thursday, May 25, 2017
Don’t you just hate it when you wake up and your Internet service is down? Bad start to the day. But the music news for May 25 must be reported regardless.
- There’s a new petition designed to save MuchFACT, VideoFACT.
- There is more talk about a crisis when it comes to Canadian music festivals.
- Seminal Canadian indie band Change of Heart will reunite for a few gigs this summer, including a July 22 show at the Horseshoe. Their Smile album is also getting a 25-anniversary reissue.
- Keith Richards is auctioning off some of his antiques for charity.
- One of Trump’s people doesn’t think Canada is very smart in defending net neutrality.
- Blink-182’s Travis Barker is downsizing from a house worth $4.4 million to one that cost $2.8 million.
- Did Tupac’s crew pull a gun on some kids before he was shot?
- This is one cool guitar!
- The evolution of the iPhone.
- This device will make you less oblivious to the world around you while wearing headphones or earbuds.
- Want to stream your vinyl with a wireless turntable? Here you go.
- This is a look inside Peter Gabriel’s Real World Studios.
- Where will you find the world’s smallest music scene? Antarctica, of course.
- Was Martin Luther the father of the protest song, too?
- Watch as a Russian news anchor get interrupted by a big slobbery dog.
- I cannot wait to hear the newly polished-up version of the Beatles Sgt. Pepper. It comes out tomorrow.
- Public Enemy’s Chuck D is suing a production company over the rights to his own life story.