Random Music News for Thursday, October 19, 2017
This is the 30th anniversary of Black Monday, a very scary stock market crash that freaked out everyone. Let’s see if any this music news for October 19 freaks you out.
- Gord Downie’s Secret Path will get its TV debut on the CBC this Sunday. This will air on the 51st anniversary of Chanie Wenjack’s death.
- Here’s a piece from someone who arrived late at the Hip’s first album.
- Try to imagine this: Ivanka Trump, punk rocker. She says she went through a phase. Right.
- Rami Malek seems to be nailing it in his role as Freddie Mercury in the upcoming biopic. Look!
- Goodbye, Soundkick. It was fun while it lasted.
- A musical road? Only in California. But why is it so out of tune?
- Sound City, the legendary California recording studio immortalized in the Dave Grohl documentary, is back in business.
- A good Rolling Stone article: What happens to survivors of mass shootings like Las Vegas?
- Here’s the next step in the evolution of Sonos speakers.
- Are you a Queen fan? Then you’ll want to know about Brian May’s new book.
- Time to start betting on which song will be #1 on the UK charts at Christmas.
- Let’s take a look back at a highly influential German electronic recording studio.
- Here’s another call for Apple to get on board with an FM chip in iPhones.
- Now Liam Gallagher says Oasis will never get back together.
- Here’s a story of sexual harassment in the music industry from a male singer.
- Billy Joel is about to become a father for the third time–at age 68.